Tech is a crucial ingredient to shared prosperity and a more equitable, secure society that enjoys better health outcomes and superior educational opportunities for all. Good policy can make our lives better, ensure our economy is strong and support good jobs and opportunities in which innovation can flourish.
The State of the Union comes this week as the list of pressing issues to address seemingly grows longer by the day. It is important to ensure that industry and government are working together to deliver a future that Americans deserve.
ITI understands that the tech industry must serve as an important partner in helping drive critical policy initiatives to promote U.S. competitiveness and lift up the U.S. economy. The Bridge for Innovation campaign underscores this spirit of innovation, partnership, and the importance of smart and purposeful policy.
ITI has put forward several policy priorities where the United States can make significant progress in 2022 for the benefit of businesses, workers, and consumers across virtually every sector of the economy. The below priorities included in ITI’s suggestions mirror the policy focus of the Bridge for Innovation campaign.
- Support Technology Research, Development, and Manufacturing
- Advance a Tax System that Promotes Growth and is Globally Competitive
- Accelerate Broadband Deployment to all U.S. Communities
- Pass Federal Privacy Legislation
- Ensure A Consistent and Coordinated Approach to Cybersecurity
- Bolster Supply Chain Security
Equity and Opportunity
- Expand Strong, Inclusive Digital Trade Commitments
- Develop the Workforce of the Future
Read ITI’s Action Plan for 2022 to see how the global technology industry is committed to driving America’s economic competitiveness.